11.9.14

Thengaappal Kozhukkatta- Making Your Breakfast The Perfect One



After all those heavy food that I have been consuming for a few days, as it was Onam, the festive occasion in Kerala, I was kind of losing my appetite. Well, this is not my sole experience. I pretty well know that this is what most of us Keralites feel, after Onam celebrations and after stuffing all those vegetarian delicacies, we mostly tend to prefer light food for a few weeks ;)


This was the time when I choose something off the track, maybe a thengapal kozhukkata for breakfast, a light meal for lunch and a bit of porridge for supper. Talking about Thengapal Kozhukatta, I feel so excited because it makes me feel so light in the morning, though it does need a bit of time-consuming procedures to make it perfect.


Ingredients



Rice Flour – 3 cups (serves 2-3)
Hot water –
Salt
Coconut milk (Thick) – One coconut full- Add 3 cups of water
Coconut milk (Thin) - 4-5 cups or more


Method


·        Take a vessel and pour water into it. Boil it.
·        In a large vessel, add the rice flour
·        Add salt to the rice flour and mix well with your hands or with a spatula
·        Now you need your spatula in this step. Pour boiling water into the rice flour and mix well with spatula. Take care not to make it too much liquefied. You just need to make it into thick dough. Let it cool a bit.
·        Apply oil to your hands and make small balls out of the dough and keep them aside
·        Take out a vessel, add the thin coconut milk. If you want a bit more liquid, you may add water to it.
·        Place the vessel with coconut milk on the stove and allow it to boil
·        As soon as the coconut milk (Thin) boils, add in the rice dough balls into it one by one.
·        Allow the balls to cook in low flame for 10 to 15 min
·        After 15 min, you may add the thick coconut milk and switch off the flame. Do not boil after you add the thick coconut milk.
·        If you prefer to eat it sweet, then you may add some sugar as per your taste
·        If you prefer a salty spicy taste, then add some salt and a bit of cumin seed powder to it and mix well.

As for me, I would choose sugar. It is extremely tasty and it does remind me of my Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment