7.7.14

Mutton Liver Perattiyathu- Mutton Liver Dry Fry



When I was a child, Sundays were considered special. The reason was quite unknown to me. Apart from being a holiday, Sundays had one more peculiarity. It was the day when my Dad used to force both me and my brother to fill up our tummies. Both my Mom and Dad used to cook together and make all sorts of yummy delicacies that still make my mouth water. We usually had a three course lunch that always started with a soup, then with a mutton dry fry with bread and after that comes the main item rice and chicken curry. Well when we reach the rice part, all of our tummies will be filled and we simply say  a big “NO” to the rice and curries.


Today, I am about to share the recipe for Mutton Liver Perattiyathu or Mutton Liver Dry Fry that was one of the best dishes my parents make. Sundays still remind me of those wonderful childhood days when I did not have to care for anything else. What I need to do was simply enjoy the dishes prepared by my Mom. I am thankful to both my parents for making me watch those methods of cooking that both of them used to prepare dishes. Cooking became interesting only when I started cooking. But I enjoyed watching my Mom cook when I was a child. And I cherish those moments a lot. Today, I cook mutton liver and you wont believe it tastes the same as my mom makes. Well watching her cook has helped me a lot.


Checkout the recipe for Mutton Liver Perattiyathu and I think you guys too will try out the recipe during your Sundays!!

Ingredients


·         Mutton Liver – ½ a kg
·         Onions           - 2 large
·         Tomato  - 1 large
·         Green chillies- 2
·         Ginger Garlic Paste- ½ tsp
·         Chilly Powder – ½ or 1 tsp as per your taste
·         Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
·         Turmeric Powder – a pinch or two
·         Coriander leaves – ¼ cup ( This is optional)
·         Salt
·         Oil


Method


1.      Clean the liver and cut into thin slices
2.      Wash once or twice with water
3.      Keep it aside
4.      Switch on the stove and heat a pan
5.      Add oil to the pan
6.      Add finely chopped onions and green chillies to the pan
7.      Sauté for one or two minutes
8.      Add ginger garlic paste to the pan and sauté well for one minute
9.      Now add the liver pieces and tomatoes to the pan
10.  Add salt as per your taste
11.  Now is the time to add chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and garam masala to the pan.
12.  Close the lid and simmer the pan for 10 minutes. Make sure you sauté the mix within 3 mnts.
13.  Open the lid after 10 mnts and add coriander leaves if necessary
14.  Serve hot with bread or chappathis
15.  Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment