16.7.14

Besan Ka Laddu - Kadalamavu Laddu


Besan Ka Laddu or Kadalamavu laddu is a diwali sweet that is pretty easy to make. Its taste is something that is extremely yummy and melts in the mouth as soon as you take a bite. Besan ka laddu is very easy and I can guarantee that beginners too can make it all well. I do love to eat sweets, and a great fan of ghee sweets. If you ask me which is my favorite ghee sweet, then I would stay quite because I love them all.


The people of Thiruvananthapuram get to buy the best ghee sweets from the famous Sweet Mahal, where get to buy all sorts of Indian sweets made out of pure ghee. Buying Ghee sweets can be a really tricky thing for me, as I always stand dumbstruck thinking of what I  need to choose. Finally I find myself choosing the one kilo of mixed ghee sweets in a box that is loved by all in the family.
This love for ghee sweets has made me try out Besan ka laddu or Kadalamavu laddu that surely is a yummy treat for your taste buds. 


When I first made besan ka laddu, I did not know that it takes so long to set with the ghee so hot. After waiting for 10 minutes, I simply got irritated and put all the laddus in a container. Unfortunately, it did not get spherical shape. It simply went flat. But this time I was pretty cautious and I made it a point to set it the right way. if you want to set it in a quicker basis, just put the balls for 5 minutes in the freezer compartment and ‘Tada!’ your laddus will set faster than ever. Try the recipe and enjoy

Ingredients


·        Besan /Kaladamavu – 2 cups
·        Sugar (Powdered)– 1 ¾ cup
·        Ghee- ¾ cup

Method

·        Take a large pan and place it on a lighted stove
·        Heat the pan
·        Now add besan to the pan and roast it well in slow flame (Do not burn it)
·        Switch off the stove and empty the besan to a large vessel
·        Take a small pan and heat the Ghee in slow flame
·        When the Ghee heats and melts, take it out of the stove
·        Add powdered sugar to the besan
·        Now pour the hot ghee into the besan
·        With the help of  a wooden spatula or spoon, mix all the ingredients well
·        Slightly apply ghee on your palms
·        Mix the besan mix well
·        With the help of your palms, make small balls out of the besam mix
·        Keep all the balls in an open tray for them to set well
·        After sometime, (usually takes up to 15-20 min to set) the balls set well
·        If you want them to set quicker, place the plate with besan laddus to the freezer compartment and keep it for 5 mins
·        Keep in an air tight container and store

The photograph of besan laddus made by me were take before setting. This is the reason why it looks glossy.








No comments:

Post a Comment