2.1.15

Pulisadam



I remember Pulisadam as a favorite food item in my lunch box when I was a child. Though I loved other lunch box varieties when i was at school, I prefered to choose Pulisadam the most because it did not spill out and spoil my books. Moreover, my Mom used to make the best Pulisadam I had ever tasted in my whole life, so could not resist asking her to make it each time she asked me what I preferred for my lunch breaks.

This tangy rice delicacy is a quick and easy one to make, and I think anyone who prefer rice as their lunch would defenitely fall in love with it.

Ingredients (Serves 1)



  • Cooked rice - 3 cups
  • Shallots- 5 nos
  • Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Asafoetida powder - 1/8 tsp
  • Tamarind paste- 1 tsp
  • Salt- Not too much - 1/4 tsp would do. But make sure you check the saltiness before adding it to the rice.
  • Water- 1/4 cup
  • Mustard seeds- 1/8 tsp
  • Curry leaves
  • Oil - 1 tsp

Method

  • Heat a pan
  • Pour oil
  • Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter
  • Add finely chopped shallots and saute well
  • In a small bowl, add water, chilly powder, asafoetida powder, salt and tamarind paste, and mix well
  • Add the tamarind mix to the shallots and allow it to boil
  • Now you may add the cooked rice to the pan
  • Check salt
  • Mix the tamarind mixture to the rice perfectly well
  • Now you may close the lid for 5 min
  • Serve or pack the rice in a lunch box after 5 min
  • Enjoy a tangy lunch with coconut chutney or vegetable thoran.

No comments:

Post a Comment